PC-BSD 1.4RC has been released!
- Fixed many reported bugs from 1.4BETA in the following tools:
- Network Manager
- Xorg Configuration GUI
- Custom partition via Installer
- Xorg configuration now auto-detects DPI
- Included i18n support with latest translations from Pootle as of 8-28-07
- Fixed PC-BSD specific tools to now use native languages properly
- Added HPLIP to support a wider variety of HP hardware (Enabled via services Tool)
- Added new KDM theme for a nicer login window
- Fixed bugs with optional packages on CD 2
- Updated Wine system patches to current versions as of 8-25-07
- Fixed XML menuing system so Wine apps don’t appear in “lost+found” anymore
- Fixed up support for PPPoE backend, improving config file generation via GUI
- Fixed numerous bugs with “upgrading” an existing PC-BSD installation.
- Upgrading now preserves all sym-links created by PBIs
- Upgrading is now faster, and doesn’t need to compress the user home dirs
- Upgrading now properly saves kmenu icons and updates for any new ones.
Mirrors are still syncing at the moment – please check the PC-BSD website for the announcement and the download links