- Upgrade to FreeBSD 6.3;
- add ‘lagg’ link aggregation and link failover interface support (kernel);
- switch back to SCHED_4BSD scheduler; add generic web server service;
- complete review and typo fixes in source code;
- upgrade rsync to 3.0.2, smartmontools to 5.38, lighttpd to 1.4.19, e2fsprogs to 1.40.10, PHP to 5.2.6;
- use SAJAX to update miscellaneous WebGUI pages every 5 seconds to display current states;
- refactor complete S.M.A.R.T. WebGUI and ActiveDirectory WebGUI;
- add ability to web server WebGUI to configure URLs requiring authentication;
- replace Adaptec SCSI RAID administration tool aaccli with arcconf;
- upgrade Adaptec AACRAID 32- and 64-bit driver to version 5.2.0 Build 15727;
- replace UPnP media player MediaTomb with Fuppes
Welcome to the world of FreeBSD
FreeBSD is a free, open source and UNIX-like operating system. Though relatively unknown, it's one of the most secure, versatile and safest O/S's available.
We keep you up-to-date with news relating to FreeBSD and its dependants. Spreading the fame of FreeBSD, the unknown Giant (IBM).
If you are wondering who is behind this blog, find out more about us.
FreeBSD VPS Hosting
Check out our cheap hosting packages for FreeBSD based webhosting. Hosting done BSD style: stable, secure, flexible and friendly.