- Turn the system off.
- Hit ESC when the OS boots up
- Choose to boot into Single User Mode (option 4)
- Select the default shell (/bin/sh)
- When the machine is booted up and you see the prompt, enter:
- mount -u /
- mount -a
- Type passwd to reset the password
- Enter the new password and confirm it
- Type reboot to reboot the machine (or press the shutdown button to reboot)
Welcome to the world of FreeBSD
FreeBSD is a free, open source and UNIX-like operating system. Though relatively unknown, it's one of the most secure, versatile and safest O/S's available.
We keep you up-to-date with news relating to FreeBSD and its dependants. Spreading the fame of FreeBSD, the unknown Giant (IBM).
If you are wondering who is behind this blog, find out more about us.
FreeBSD VPS Hosting
Check out our cheap hosting packages for FreeBSD based webhosting. Hosting done BSD style: stable, secure, flexible and friendly.