FreeNAS 0.7 (Khasadar) has been released. Volker announced:
Today i’m proud to announce the release of FreeNAS 0.7. I want to say thanks to all contributors for their help. Please see below the changes done in this version.
You can download the ISO and image files here:
- ability to configure the login shell for a user.
- Upgrade Samba to 3.0.37.
- Upgrade transmission to 1.72.
- Local users must join the group ‘ftp’ to be able to login via FTP if ’Local users only’ in ‘Services|FTP’ is enabled.
- Upgrade lighttpd to 1.4.23.
- Add a user portal. This allows a local user to login and change it’s password. The user must have access permissions to login to the user portal. This can be configured in the user configuration WebGUI. Please note that the administrator needs to apply changes done by the local users because there have to be restarted several services (which is not allowed to be done by a user).
- Upgrade ProFTPD to 1.3.2a.
- Upgrade iSCSI initiator to 2.2.3.
- Upgrade fusefs-ntfs/ntfs-3g to 2009.4.4.
- Announce AFP shares using Bonjour/ZeroConf (FR 2839592).
- Add AFP FP_SYNCFORK command support (FR 2836955).
- Upgrade e2fsprogs to 1.41.8.
- Add Adaptec AACRAID 32/64-bit driver to v5.2.0 Build 17517.
- Upgrade inadyn-mt to 02.14.10.
- Upgrade fuppes to SVN-0.640.