The Bordeaux Technology Group released Bordeaux 2.0.6 for FreeBSD and PC-BSD. Bordeaux 2.0.6 is a maintenance release that fixes a number of small bugs and includes many new features.
Some of the changes are:
- Wine 1.2 included,
- Updated to the latest winetricks release,
- Updated to the latest DIB Engine patch,
- Added support for IrfanView 4.27,
- Install the IrfanView Plug ins during the IrfanView Install,
- Improved Internet Explorer 7 support,
- Added Support for FireFox 3.6.3 and multimedia plugins,
- Added Support for VLC 1.1.0,
- Added Support for Google SketchUp 7.1 (NVIDIA Video Card Recommended),
- Added many fixes for Steam,
- More fixes to the Bordeaux UI and Cellar Manager.
Bordeaux 2.0.6 was built on FreeBSD 8, PC-BSD 8 and PC-BSD 7.1. A .sh installer is provided for FreeBSD and .pbi installers for PC-BSD.
Depending on sales, the Bordeau Group plans to add Pulse Audio to the next BSD release. So if you would like to have Pulse Audio in Wine on FreeBSD and PC-BSD make a purchase.
Read the full press release: Bordeaux 2.0.6 for FreeBSD and PC-BSD Released
I have just bought a copy of Bordeaux for PC-BSD/FreeBSD to support Tom and his team. They’re doing a great job building a bridge between *nix and the Windows world. Most of use still need/want to use some Windows programs Linux/PC-BSD/FreeBSD. If you’re interested, be quick as there’s a 50% off sale on. A copy costs only $10.
Find out more about Bordeau for FreeBSD/PC-BSD
The Bordeaux Technology Group is a software services and development company specializing in Windows compatibility software. Users of Linux systems from time to time find themselves in the need to run specialized Windows software. The Bordeaux suite enables access to these programs and data in a seamless and low cost manner without requiring licensing of Microsoft Technology.