Below some links, resources and updates for future and past (Free)BSD conferences:
2. The EuroBSDCon 2011 website has gone live. This year it will be the 10th anniversary and the conference will be held in Holland (6 – 9 Oct). I’m hoping to attend.
Links: Call for papers – Main Page
The BSD High Availability (HA) suite has some very handy and powerful features. However, as with all systems, there are certain considerations to be made when rolling out a HA implementation. This talk will focus on the security considerations when rolling out a BSD HA implementation.
The talk covers the following:
* An explanation of the BSD HA environment (CARP, pfsync, sasyncd)
* How these components, specifically CARP, function at a lower level
* Current and potential attacks against the HA environment, including some demos
* Security considerations when rolling out a HA implementation and applicable work-arounds
* Ideas on how to improve the security and flexibility of the BSD HA tool suite Download the MP3 file
4. Video of SCALE 2011 presentation by Dru Lavigne, titled”PC-BSD: an Easy to Use Open Source Desktop“.
5. FOSDEM Trip report by Brooks Davis
Brooks Davis has provided a trip report for FOSDEM 2011; it includes some interesting notes on clang/llvm.