Xsystems has announced the availability of the TrueNAS™ Pro family of storage appliances. TrueNAS™ Pro storage appliances provide security, scalability, and flexibility at a low total cost of ownership.
The TrueNAS™ Pro software is based on the FreeNAS™ 8 operating system, and is enhanced with enterprise features such as Intent Log Failure Recovery and De-Duplication, with Active-Passive Failover coming soon. TrueNAS™ Pro also supports Fusion-io ioDrive, ioDrive Duo, and Octal cards as L2ARC to drastically accelerate storage performance.
- One or Two Quad-Core or Six-Core, Intel® Xeon® Processor 5600 Series
- 12 Hot-Swap Drive Bays in the 2U Form Factor – Up to 36TB of Data Storage Capacity (2.5″ drive options available)
- 24 or 36 Hot-Swap Drive Bays in the 4U Form Factor – Up to 108TB of Data Storage Capacity (2.5″ drive options available)
- Periodic Snapshots Feature Allows You to Restore Data from a Previous Version of the File System
- Remote Replication Allows You to Copy Snapshot to an Offsite Server for Maximum Data Security
- Up to 4.48TB of Fusion-io Flash Memory in the 2U; Up to 14.08TB of Fusion-io Flash Memory in the 4U
- 2 x 1GbE Network Interface (Onboard) + Up to 4 Additional 1GbE Ports or Single/ Dual Port 10GbE Network Cards
- JBOD expansion is available on both the 2U and 4U TrueNAS™ Pro systems
TrueNAS is the official name for what was previously known as RAIDZilla.
More info can be found on the TrueNAS page where you can also see an overview of the differences between the TrueNAS FreeNAS version and FreeNAS 8.