Eric Turgeon, lead developer of the GhostBSD project, has announced the release of GhostBSD 3.0. The latest version includes a lot of enhancements and new features, such as an improved system installer, Openbox window manager, and more.
Some of the highlights of GhostBSD 3.0 are:
- Openbox window manager is now fully supported;
- Improvements for the auto configuration wireless networking script have been implemented;
- Auto configuration of Xorg is now possible;
- Nvidia drivers have been added by default;
- 3D acceleration is now supported on some Intel graphics cards;
- Numerous bug-fixes have been added to the GhostBSD related utilities;
- Openbox and Lxde AMD64 ISO only fit on DVD;
- New Intel GPU driver with GEM/KMS support has been made available;
- ZFS improvements from the illumos project have been implemented;
- Kernel support has been added for the AVX FPU extension.
GhostBSD is a FreeBSD-based operating system for the desktop with support for the GNOME2, LXDE and Openbox desktop environments.