FreeBSD developers have created a 5th alpha version for testing purposes of the upcoming FreeBSD 10 version.
Changes between -ALPHA4 and -ALPHA5 include:
- Removal of BIND from the base system; replacements may be found within the Ports Collection.
- Bug fix introduced with the latest infiniband update.
- The GNU ar(1) and ranlib(1) have been removed from the base system.
- Bug fixes and updates to the base llvm.
- Various bhyve enhancements.
- Various XEN enhancements.
As always, alpha, beta and release candidate versions should never be used in production environments.