The third BETA build of the 9.3-RELEASE release cycle is now available
on the FTP servers for the amd64, i386, ia64, powerpc, powerpc64 and
This is expected to be the final -BETA build of the 9.3-RELEASE cycle.
ISO images and, for architectures that support it, the memory stick images are available here:
Changes between 9.3-BETA2 and 9.3-BETA3 include:
- A new ttys(5) flag, onifconsole, has been added, which activates
ttyu0 if the device is an active kernel console.
- The NFSv4 server now allows creating a hard link to a symbolic
link, as was allowed in NFSv3.
- OpenSSL has been updated to 0.9.8za.
- A deadlock caused by incorrect reference counts has been fixed in
the usb(4) driver.
- The arc4random(3) library has been updated to match that in
- The amount of data collected by hwpmc(4) has been increased to
work with modern processors and available RAM.
- A new pmcstat(8) flag, ‘-l’, has been added, which ends event
collection after the specified number of seconds.
For the full release notes, head on over to the following link: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2014-June/078959.html