NetCraft Communications Inc., global leader in infrastructure management Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions, has released Versiera 3.2, bringing extended management capabilities including host user account, process and service/daemon management to all supported platforms including FreeBSD, OpenBSD and NetBSD.
Versiera is a web-based Internet technology for management and monitoring of computer and network equipment from the smallest SHO networks to enterprise-class data centres and the largest of cloud environments. Versiera rivals the best enterprise management systems costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. Organizations needing to incorporate the latest in management technologies, looking to cut operational costs, or consolidate management platforms can choose between the free full-featured Internet hosting services or purchase the enterprise-class Versiera appliances for their businesses. Versiera appliance scalability enables management and monitoring of infrastructures with tens of thousands of network devices.
“The landscape is shifting with enterprises and government organizations embracing the overwhelming potential Cloud Services are able to offer. Versiera is the only infrastructure management system designed to securely manage and monitor both cloud environments and enterprises designed to extend beyond the traditional boundaries of bricks and mortar”,
says Frank Pikelner, CTO of NetCraft Communications.
“With the latest release of Versiera we have focused to broaden its management capabilities and enabled such things as user account synchronization without the need for directory services”
Here are a few highlights from the list of major improvements and new features in this release:
- Remote Host User Account Management
- Remote Host Process Management
- Remote Host Service/Process Management
- Host and Connection Maps now scale to 20,000 nodes (HTML5)
- User Sessions across the Enterprise
- Host Job Chaining
- Monitoring of Secure Websites (HTTPS)
- Host Maintenance Modes
- Broader support of embedded platforms including Netgear, Cisco/Linksys, Asus, EnGenius
“Whether it’s for the enterprise or for the Internet, Versiera continues to innovative and challenge the competition with its unmatched list of features,” said NetCraft CEO, Ed Aarntzen.
Versiera offers the following compelling Systems Management and Monitoring Features:
- Distributed Jobs/Scheduling: Versiera enables uniform job management across all support platforms including management of processes, user accounts, services/daemons, software distributions/removal.
- Cross-platform: Versiera can monitor a wide range of open source and commercial platforms including Windows, OS X, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, OS X and Solaris. Embedded platform support includes OpenWRT and DD-WRT.
- Automated Documentation: automatically generate formal documents for one or more systems in PDF, RTF or HTML formats.
- Infrastructure service/asset monitoring: DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS and digital certificates.
- Helpdesk: integrated ticketing system for workflow incident management.
- Compliance: ability to generate enterprise standards models and track deviations.
- Security: Versiera uses strong SSL encryption to protect all communications and to authenticate all connections between hosts and Versiera management systems.
- Openness: Versiera uses industry standard protocols for communication and representing data. Versiera’s database is accessible to external tools and database schema is provided with the Enterprise product.
- Accessibility: Versiera is available from scalable appliances for small to medium size businesses to full enterprise architecture solutions, as well as, a no cost Internet service directly from NetCraft Communications.
Source: NetCraft Communications Announces Availability of Versiera 3.2
Frank Pillner contacted me about this product release. If you sell/release FreeBSD related products, you can let me know too, and I’ll mention your product, service, etc etc here.