Week 9 has been an interesting one for FreeBSD and FBSD based operating systems: FreeBSD 7.0 and pfSense 1.2 were released and there were some minor releases: FreeNAS 0.686.2 and m0n0wall 1.3b10.
- Add ability to set a CIFS/SMB share read only.
- Add m4a/m4p support in MediaTomb configuration file.
- Add /usr/bin/bc – An arbitrary precision calculator language
- GID was not displayed correct on ‘Access/Groups’ WebGUI page.
- Use inadyn-mt to 02.01.13 because all newer ones causes a core dump.
- It is not possible to format a SoftRAID disk with MSDOS FAT16/32.
- It is not possible to encrypt a disk partition, only complete disks are supported.
The latest version can be downloaded here.
On an additional note, the FreeNAS team have started porting FreeNAS to FreeBSD 7.0. This means some big changes:
- ZFS (Sun ZetaByte File System) will be included
- The Web Interface will undergo a full review, especially the disk management/mount point process for permitting real share configuration (with permission and quotas support).
I’ve been using FreeNAS for a month now and I’m excited about the upcoming FBSD 7.0 based version. Keep up the good work!
m0n0wall beta version 1.3b10 is ready; no new features have been added, but the base has moved to FreeBSD 6.3 and a few issues have been fixed; most notably:
- PPPoE/PPTP client auto-reconnect
- DHCP client (should hopefully not lose its lease anymore)
- IPsec NAT-T fragments
- intermediate SSL CA certificates now accepted
For the change log and the download links, http://m0n0.ch/wall/beta.php