At this point things are looking to be in good shape, I’m calling this a BETA because I’m very conservative, and because encryption can go wrong in such grand fashion. I’d rather this image wasn’t used for critical or production use. Make sure to have backups!
A belated FreeBSD April-June 2012 Status Report has been published. Another one should be available within the next few weeks covering the remainder of 2012.
This report covers FreeBSD-related projects between April and June 2012. This quarter was highlighted by having a new Core Team elected, which took office on July 11th to start its work with a relatively high number of new members. Note that this is the second of the three reports planned for 2012.
Ken Moore has announced the availability of EasyPBI2.
This is a complete re-write of the original program code. It has a more streamlined process for working with PBI modules, as well as a brand new interface and many new features/abilities.
Happy 2013 to all regular readers and the occasional visitor. It’s been a while since this site was updated, but this was due to work and holidays.
Hopefully we’ll see FreeBSD 10 released this year and the use of FreeBSD increased.
Followers of the FreeBSD Central Google+ page will have had regular updates over the last few weeks. Please subscribe to that page and stay even more up-to-date with all that’s happening the FreeBSD Community.
In case you missed it, there have been some releases and the FreeBSD Foundation successfully completed its fund raising drive.
- Faces of FreeBSD – Dan Langille [FreeBSD Foundation]
- Faces of FreeBSD – Thomas Abthorpe [FreeBSD Foundation]
- Thank You for Helping Us Exceed Our Fundraising Goal! [FreeBSD Foundation]
- The FreeBSD Foundation’s 2012 End-of-Year Newsletter [FreeBSD Foundation]
- FreeBSD releases 9.1 and blows through fundraising target [The H]
- FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE Announcement [FreeBSD]
- The PC-BSD Team announces the availablilty of PC-BSD 9.1 [PC-BSD Blog]
- pfSense 2.0.2 release Now Available [pfSense Blog]
- FreeNAS 8.3.1 Beta 1 is available [FreeNAS Blog]
- EuroBSDCon 2012 presentations available online [Youtube]
- FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE now available on all VPS and Dedicated Server packages [RootBSD]
- FreeBSD 10 news [ivoras]
- Other interesting links can be found on the FreeBSD Central Google+ page
This is a selection of short but news worthy selection of links:
- A FreeBSD load balancing expert is needed (elance)
- Will the FreeBSD Foundation hit its 500k funding goal?
- Faces of FreeBSD – Alberto Mijares. The FreeBSD Foundation has started a series featuring FreeBSD developers. Alberto Mijares is the first.
- FreeBSD 9.1 ports freeze is over.
- The grinch that delayed FreeBSD 9.1.
- FreeBSD 9 – Powerful and Highly Available Storage
- FreeBSD 9 – Ready for Networking Challenges
- FreeBSD 9 – Security Innovation Continues
- FreeBSD 9 – Packed with Features for Every Need
You can download the flyer here. Fee free to share online and spread offline.