The FreeBSD Foundation has announced it will invest $1,000,000 this year to fund FreeBSD development and the promotion of it.
FreeBSD is internationally recognized as an innovative leader in providing a high-performance, secure, and stable operating system. Our mission is to continue and increase our support and funding to keep FreeBSD at the forefront of operating system technology. But, we can’t do this without your help!
Last year with your generosity, we raised over $770,000. This allowed us to not only achieve our goal, but to exceed it by over $250,000.
This year, with your help, we will do more.
This year we will double the amount we spend.
This year we will invest $1,000,000 to support and promote FreeBSD.
What will the Foundation accomplish with your donation in 2013?
- Spend almost $600,000 on software development projects for FreeBSD.
- Support the Release Engineering and Security teams with paid staff time.
- Grow to five technical staff members by year-end.
- Support BSD conferences around the globe, in Europe, Japan, Canada, and the USA.
- Spend over $130,000 on hardware to maintain and improve FreeBSD project infrastructure.
- Grow the FreeBSD community through marketing and outreach to users and businesses.
- Protect the FreeBSD trademarks and provide the project with access to legal counsel.
We have kicked off the new year with 3 newly funded projects, and are actively soliciting additional project proposals now. We’ve added one new technical staff member and are in the process of adding more.
Please support the Foundation during our Spring Fundraising Drive, and help us raise $100,000 from 1000 donors between April 16th and May 30th.
We can’t do this without you! Just go to http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate to make your donation. Then talk to your employer to either match your gift or to make their own donation.
Thank you for your support!